05 June 2011

Why The Charitable Chef?


I have been asked, why The Charitable Chef? Cooking for a cause has roots that go back many years and are tied to one of my closest and most cherished friends, Woody. He has been a business partner, friend and mentor. I have learned a lot from Woody -- integrity, generosity, being true to your word, the meaning of being focused, hard work, loyalty, the keys to raising children (and he has 7 extraordinary examples), the importance of being positive and friendship. A few years ago, Woody was diagnosed with ALS. He still maintains an incredible attitude and outlook, always being an example. His indelible stamp on my life will forever be appreciated and will continue to influence how I conduct my personal and professional affairs.

In an attempt to show my gratitude for the significance of Woody to me, a little over a year ago, I decided that I was going to pursue something that I truly love to do, cooking, but do it in a way that helps charitable causes. After transitioning from student to owning my own private chef and catering business, I will donate a portion of my net profits primarily to ALS research.

Woody recently said in an email, “it’s ironic that I can’t eat one bite of food and it turns out that food will play such an important role in your life”. While food is and will continue to be significant, it is more essential knowing that my passion will be serving others.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment