17 May 2011

Getting Ready for School

 Turning the clock back to this weekend, I found myself shopping for school supplies, not for my son Keenan but for myself. No longer was I the one making recommendations but it was Keenan. Dad, “you don’t want this 3-ring binder, these are the dividers you should buy, you want this paper” and on it went. I know they say that at some point our children might be taking care of us, but I was not expecting it to happen this early. Keenan’s advice was great, and each day I am well prepared for taking notes or filing handouts. Thank you Keenan!

Today we found out how to peel a potato. I was thinking is there anyone here that does not know how to do this, until I watched one of my classmates struggle, even after Chef Ron’s demonstration. I guess we all need to start somewhere. We then proceeded to make Potato Pont Neuf, 1 centimeter thick sticks, one of the classic potato cuts. Not remembering any of my 4 years of French, I found a great site to help with all of these French terms: 


Time to pull out the knife and start practicing.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment